One of the most brilliant Rambling Return Veranda Bluestone Homesteads in the Eastern Suburbs so beautifully close to all the most desirable Schools on a superb corner block on 2 Titles of approx. 1,100 M2 and contained within the most fantastic gardens with double garaging, pool and Pavilion adjacent the kitchen and family room of this divine inside/outside house so beautifully located.
10-11 rooms of enormous character and flexibility including an independent Home Consulting Room (now used as a 2nd Master Suite) with separate waiting room and its own access for clients – Entry Hall with Victorian Arch - Master Bedroom Suite with Dressing Room and Bathroom - Formal Sitting Room and Music Room and the stunning Den/Library/TV room … 3 more Bedrooms + main Bathroom and Laundry and a fully fitted Home Office Sommelier's Cellar and the most Stunning Kitchen, Dining and Family room where the Sunshine fills this cathedral height space overlooking the Pool Garden and Peace Rose Garden and Pavilion with Sculptures continuing the Art Theme of this Home-Gallery House & Garden.
Entertaining spaces for 4 Seasons throughout and in the garden – Sunday lunch under the Sandstone walled terrace overlooking the gorgeous garden spaces and symmetric pool, which is so much an essential part of this home - Modern up to date and beautifully maintained under the direction of Rob Williams and Bec Ryan of Williams Burton this property has all the charm and ambience of the very best available with polished timber, marble and stone floors, shutters and soft furnishing to match complete with inviting open fireplaces, Victorian Grandeur and modernity of lifestyle.
A rich tapestry of history
• A large "gentleman's villa", dated around 1880's when the character of Leabrook was created; built by William Patrick Auld, vigneron and well-known man-about-town
• Pat Auld was a member of John McDouall Stuart's famous expedition across Australia from south to north in 1861-62. Auld was one of only three men who survived to collect a gold medal in 1912 in belated official appreciation of the act.
• Home of Elizabeth ("Tom") Auld (1901-1998), journalist for the Murdoch press for 50 years. As a child, Elizabeth wanted to be a spy. From Adelaide, she worked in Melbourne and London. She was the only woman journalist to visit the Woomera rocket range in 1952, she worked on the Martin Collins page of "The Australian" for many years, and published a children's detective novel at the age of 94.
• Home of Trudy-Anne Brown of BMG Art and Daniel Hains in the 1970's, then home of Christopher and Margaret Burrell
• From the 1980's, Margaret's garden has been a regular showpiece for Open Garden Scheme openings, considered a "jewel in the crown", and featured in gardening magazines
• The garden and deck entertainment area have been used regularly for supporting public events in Adelaide, including the Open Garden Scheme season and Adelaide Festival programme and donor events, and Coriole Music festival programme launches.
Some features of the home:
- L shaped return Verandah Bluestone Villa enclosing the pool and walled garden so light and views pour into every room.
- Mature garden modernized to provide year-round interest in our Mediterranean climate.
- Villa fully modernized seamlessly integrating heritage and modern character.
- Pavilion, beautifully designed continuous with kitchen /living area with heaters and a fan. Also has hidden BBQ.
- Independent office with waiting room and its own 2 entrances, lavatory, and its own separate garden onto the Parkway. Currently being used as a large bedroom.
- Family modern office.
- 4 bedrooms.
- Wine cellar plus 5th bedroom downstairs.
- Best high-end appliances and wet areas.
- Floors polished timber, and stone.
- 3 functioning original fireplaces.
- Underfloor heating bathrooms and heated towel rails.
- Excellent ducted air-conditioning with separate areas.
- Modern LED lights throughout (plus 2 skylights).
- Modern garden lighting.
- Plentiful storage.
- Double garage.
30 Rochester Street, Leabrook is listed with Jock Gilbert Real Estate RLA 2189 in conjunction with Williams Real Estate RLA 247163.
Close to Transport
Close to Shops
Open Fire Place
Close to Schools